Monday, February 15, 2016

Week 3: AdWords Keywords

I finally have my campaigns up and running, and I have to say I think my favorite part of this week was that when I came back from the weekend and saw that my campaigns had been getting clicks and impressions! It was so interesting that the way they all get calculated, and the different rates that google has to identify how well your advertisement is doing. Yet, I am not stopping there. I have been doing more research on the ways I can really bring my advertisement up when people search for it. I have added many more keywords, but I feel like after a while it is a hit or miss. You realize which keywords are doing well and those that are not really doing much for you.


Another software we came to recognize this week was the Keyword Planner, which is beneficial in searching for keywords to use. The Keyword Planner is another function from Google AdWords that is strictly there for the business to use for optimization of their advertisements. It was really interesting that you could even look up different keywords to see how well they would do and how many times they were estimated to be searched that month (yes, I did check to see how many times my name had been searched as well). It was a very interesting and really helpful to test out what keywords to use, including what their competition is. I am excited to see where my advertisements are standing next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment